Thursday, March 24, 2016

Struggling With the Social Media Spiderweb

I'm working on a new project, which I've been posting about at a variety of locations:  Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.

The issue I'm having is that it's just so MANY different places.  This essentially is all of the areas I can post things about my work:
Even worse, there are probably 100+ social media sites I'm completely unaware of.  Maybe this isn't too much for some, but for one person, it gets pretty daunting, especially when the information being posted feels redundant at best -- queue the spiderweb metaphor.

The social media spiderweb! (or a real one)

I guess my one question is, how can I do this more efficiently?  Here are some ideas:
  • Twitter
    • Post messages and/or images
  • YouTube
    • Post videos
    • Put video links on Tumblr
    • Also post link on Twitter with an accompanying .gif made through Giphy (which I just discovered and is pretty great for.gif making)
  • FaceBook
    • Post links to various tweets and videos
  • Forums
    • Make unique posts / thread, but use information posted on Twitter and YouTube
This leaves two things sorta untouched.  One is my personal website.  I haven't really touched it since I made it using a free WordPress theme awhile ago.  I'm tempted to remake it using a premium theme, but filling in content is still tough.  I could abandon this blog and post everything on my personal website instead, making it a portfolio site as well as a game development blog; however, maybe it'd be better to separate them as I sometimes get a bit "feely" on this blog.



via GIPHY

Anyway, this is something I'm still sorting through as I work on my next game (and hopefully the new Battle High 2 A+ updates soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment